Thursday, March 18, 2010

HAUNTING OF DEATH


HAUNTING OF DEATH

It is common for Senior Citizens to face this problem as the age advances. We are sure that death is going to come one day. What Form it will be? How the end-peaceful or violent? I am not exemption to this thought as I cross the milestone of 80. How to overcome this problem and readjust my life?-

I started making experiments.

Experiment-1
We are living as Nuclear Family – in a Joint Family- me and my wife in ground floor, in First Floor my elder son and in the second floor –my second son- all nuclear families but Joint Family as a whole. We demolished our house and rebuilt the same to accommodate the above concept. My first son is a Doctor –an added advantage and help for us at this advanced age.

With the above arrangement, each family is able to maintain their privacy but at the same time helpful to each other. Communication is very easy by this arrangement. My grand Children are able to get parental affection and close bond enveloped all of us.

Experiment-2

Next, I decided to plan my daily chorus. Morning I started to get up along with my wife at 5.30AM.  I started helping her by spraying water outside to enable my wife to put Rangoli. Then I used to morning Sandyavandanam before a Private Channel starts the SUPRAPADAM.

My wife prepares Coffee before Suprapadam starts and keep Milk ready to offer to God, which I do every day without fail before I take Coffee.

For next 20 minutes, we watch Suprapadam. This was followed by a Private Channel Programme-short discourses by eminent Scholars on Spirituality and allied subject

Experiment- 3

I move to an adjoining room to do Jabam for next 15-mnts. In a closed door, removing my hearing aid I create an atmosphere of pin drop silence. I have marked on the wall a 2” circle with a black dot at the center. Facing east, closing my eyes I start doing Jabam.

First I do pranayamam ten times. First four Pranayamam-closing one nostril, in haling the air, leaving the same through other nostril. Next Four-Vice versa. I hold my breath for few seconds and leave the same slowly for the last two pranayamams.

Following the Pranayamam, I start doing Gayathri Jabam for next 15- mnts. At the end I keep all thoughts free and sit for 5- mnts- Still

The whole Process takes me half an hour. I repeat the same in the evening daily.

I find that after the Jabam my whole body gets positive energy and refreshed.

Experiment-4:

After daily Jabam, I started to go for walking. I marked the distance-(From Bhashyam Circle to ESI Hospital- a distance of about 1 KM ) I walk slowly without exerting much. During this round, I used to attend small jobs like purchasing vegetables, provisions, flowers for Prayer etc

Experiment-5:

After returning from walking I made it a point to go through the headlines of News Paper and a few News Channel to update the current affairs. My daily Pooja starts from 9.30 to 11.30 AM. After finishing the lunch, I used to see some interesting serials in TV and later will have little nap.

Experiment-6:

In order to engage myself I started a year before my own blog-vegasethu.blogspot.com. From my Biography to Social and Spiritual subjects to rare prayers, my travels to various places and interesting incidents in my life are recorded in these blogs so that after me future generation can have access to my life.

For the last one year, I follow the above schedule and I find that the thought of death vanished from my mind and I am cheerful and ready to face the inevitable boldly and cheerfully. I requested my Doctor Son to donate my eyes to the needy after my death. I also requested him to make the process of death painless.

Jagannathan.
Jakkur30@gmail.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment